June 9, 2011

FBB EXCLUSIVE: WATERMARKED IMAGES OF UPCOMING DC RELAUNCH COVERS!

Filed under: Blurbs — Chris Eckert @ 1:03 pm

It’s Thursday morning and DC is still parceling out its Big Relaunch News, with 48 of 52 books officially announced. I’ve been keeping track of them in a Google Spreadsheet! The only books left unannounced as those in the Superman Family, which is obviously being saved for tomorrow. Given their weird press junket (USA Today, Ain’t It Cool News, Entertainment Weekly Popwatch, IGN) I fully expect the exclusive “Superman Is No Longer Married” interview to be with either Jezebel, Big Hollywood, or Suicidegirls.

But not everyone at DC got the memo about holding off on Superbook info until Friday — someone at DC’s Source Blog uploaded some of the Super #1 covers this morning. They were at these addresses, and presumably will be again in 24 hours or so:

Enterprising fans quickly discovered these images, and within minutes they were all over Twitter, tumblr, message boards, etc. Within a few more minutes, someone at DC realized their error. An hour or so later, these images appeared watermarked as part of a certain site’s EXCLUSIVE SCOOP!

Well shucks, why should one guy get to have all that fun?

FBB-EXCLUSIVE-SUPERMAN-1-COVER-WE-GOT-IT-FIRST-NOT-BLEEDING-COOL

SUPERGIRL-NEW-COVER-ONLY-AT-FUNNYBOOKBABYLON-SUCKER

SUPERBOY-GOT-ROBOT-HANDS

Remember, you saw these covers FIRST at Funnybook Babylon! Unless you saw them the hundreds of other places they were previously posted!

1. Just terrible…terrible…terrible…

Also, Batman Beyond has been confirmed by Adam Beechen, but only through Twitter. If that helps your list.

Comment by Jack Tango — June 9, 2011 @ 1:22 pm

2. Fuck yeah boots!

Comment by Endless Mike — June 9, 2011 @ 1:24 pm

3. Haha Clue.

YEAH

GEORGE PEREZ ON THE BOARD

DAT CLASSIC SHIT

Comment by Illvillainy — June 9, 2011 @ 1:41 pm

4. I’m going to say — and I guess tomorrow will prove me right or wrong — that I don’t think that’s the Superman cover, and maybe not any of them. I’d even guess someone at DC was having a go at the link-checkers, and put these up where they could be found on purpose. DC might be impetuous, they might be hard to figure sometimes, but armor and knee-pads on Superman? I’m skeptical until I actually hear it from DC.

Comment by collectededitions — June 9, 2011 @ 3:14 pm

5. OK, I was wrong. Superman’s wearing armor and knee-pads. Will be curious to know what that’s all about.

Comment by collectededitions — June 10, 2011 @ 5:35 pm

6. No way are we getting 52 “ongoing” books. Most of these are going to be “#1” one-shots. I don’t get why everyone is falling for DC’s coy snowjob – when have they ever told the truth about their gimmicks?

My best guess, with Morrison returning to wrap up Batman Inc. next year, is that we’re looking at a year-long “Heroes Reborn” scenario that will be selectively reversed based on what does and does not work with the “new” books (those few of them that actually WILL be ongoing after September).

A cute idea, but I don’t think it’ll work any better than holographic covers, etc. The whole superhero sub-genre is still treading water in the shallow end.

Comment by Rx Dumas — June 18, 2011 @ 4:54 pm

7. Oh, and I guess as DC tones down its visual exploitation of the female form, pants for Supergirl are as off-limits as covering up Wonder Woman’s breasts.

Gotta satisfy those “fanboys”! Reaching orgasm can be HARD you guys