September 11, 2010

FBBP #129 – Comics Creator Commentary Controversies!

Filed under: Podcasts — Tags: , , , — Chris Eckert @ 6:57 pm

Controversial statements from veteran comic creators finally succeeded in cracking the Internet in half — or at least taking our site down for the week. We’re back now, and weighing in on:

• Kurt Busiek vs. Today’s Superhero Comics & Private E-Mails
  • Darwyn Cooke vs. Today’s Superhero Comics & Perverted 45 Year Old Men
  • Mark Waid vs. The World on Digital Comics

1. Concerning the perception of comics now and pre-internet; I’ve chosen to ignore anything from DC that isnt written by Morrison or Cornell, so In my mind they’re doing pretty damn well :)

Comment by dacl — September 13, 2010 @ 6:13 am

2. Stop Snitchin’ with the first letters of each being the Superman S.

Comment by Syrg — September 13, 2010 @ 6:15 am

3. As a FBB fan who doesn’t even like typing the word “Facebook”, I wonder if some of this bonus content could find its way over to the main site.

Comment by Joe Iglesias — September 14, 2010 @ 3:57 pm

4. Maybe you should stay away from making sweeping pronouncements on legal history when you (admittedly) don’t know much about it.

Comment by Simon — September 15, 2010 @ 2:59 pm

5. Joe – the content will eventually end up on the blog, yes. The whole Facebook thing is a goofy idea I wanted to try, and also part of my irrational desire for FBB to have more Facebook ‘fans’ than the comic strip Pluggers. We are currently losing.

Simon – What sweeping legal statements did we make?

Comment by Chris Eckert — September 15, 2010 @ 10:00 pm

6. Man, now you’re making me feel bad for not supporting the crusade against the Pluggers.

Comment by Joe Iglesias — September 16, 2010 @ 10:59 am

7. Has Mark Waid yet explained how bombing Cambodia will make the torrents work for the comics industry?

Comment by Nick B — September 17, 2010 @ 9:09 am

8. Mark Waid still hasn’t explained how sinking Singapore and saying mean things about people on message boards are morally equivalent.

Comment by Dan Coyle — September 17, 2010 @ 12:10 pm

9. I was not trolling any message board. This was emailed to me.

Comment by Rich Johnston — November 9, 2010 @ 2:11 pm