January 30, 2008

New Avengers Annual #2

Filed under: Blurbs — Pedro Tejeda @ 11:19 am

I ain’t saying I was right… but well…

People should have given Bendis more credit than they normally do.

1. So I have to read this now, don’t I? I think that people should generally refrain from commenting on storylines until they are concluded.

Comment by Jamaal — January 30, 2008 @ 1:31 pm

2. The problem is, and rightfully so, is that when do storylines end in a world where things tie into each other and are so decompressed? We’re supposedly in the middle of year two of the tony stark plan?

Even this storyline will continue on. I felt there was enough to support something outside of popular opinion and I was just sad that alot of people really didn’t see this viewpoint as valid and closed themselves off from it. I wish more people were open to being wrong about things.

Comment by Pedro Tejeda — January 30, 2008 @ 1:37 pm

3. Which 5-year plan of stark’s is this? The cultural revolution? Or am I thinking of a different world leader who wears red? /snarkiness

Comment by Joseph Mastantuono — January 30, 2008 @ 2:37 pm

4. I’m sorry to interrupt the Funnybook in-fighting…. (I tease because I love! Honestly! I love this site! I think it’s funny you guys are now acting like siblings!)

I always think people should give Bendis more credit than he gets. The guy writes some damn fine stories. Like, so what if it’s not traditional capes and tights stuff? I’d rather have a good crime noir book using superheroes than a shitty superhero adventure book using the same characters. Anyway, I’m now looking more forward to the New Avengers annual than I was earlier today. YAY!

Comment by Kenny — January 30, 2008 @ 3:51 pm

5. You were right, Pedro. NA Annual was awesome and total redemption.

Comment by Kenny — January 31, 2008 @ 8:52 am

6. I don’t know where else to put this at….

I’ve been reading the Death Note manga as a result of Chris’s explanation of the premise and it is *awesome*!!! I’m just blown away by it and it’s like crack in book form. I can’t stop reading this book!!!

Comment by Kenny — January 31, 2008 @ 3:07 pm

7. I’ve just read New Avengers Annual and it was awesome. Anyone who says different hates freedom.

Comment by Joseph Mastantuono — February 2, 2008 @ 2:32 am

8. NA was ok. Nothing more, nothing less. I know it’s Bendis, so I’m supposed to prostrate myself before his greatness. But I was really underwhelmed. I just don’t care about what happens to any of these characters at all. Y’all can continue the lovefest now.

Comment by Jamaal — February 2, 2008 @ 7:13 pm

9. I am not saying it was the best thing since slice bread, but it seems to have done some interesting things with the hood storyline that played out exactly the way I imagined it would. I wish it gave more time to his squad of B characters.

Comment by Pedro Tejeda — February 2, 2008 @ 10:23 pm